Search This Blog

Sunday, November 27, 2016

Review: Stutter by A. Zavarelli



The Blurb:

Someone once told me that happiness is fleeting. I can see now that he was right.

I’m trapped in a black hole of darkness I can’t seem to crawl out of. My twin and my lover want each other dead and I’m pregnant with a baby I don’t know how to protect.

Ryland says he will do anything to get me back, but how do you trust the man who almost killed you? When every option before you comes at a cost, how do you choose the right path?

People say that history has a way of repeating itself. Six years after the fact, my father’s actions are still haunting me. When I learn about an old debt yet to be settled, everything changes. It might not matter who I trust anymore when my every breath brings me one step closer to the end of this twisted game.


DNF



Oh FFS. Protagonist gets preggers at the end of the last book, and she's still fucking obsessed with her former blackmailer a la Stockholm Syndrome. Now she's all emotional and misses him, despite the fact that he ALMOST KILLED HER at the end of the last book (not to mention her unborn child). How's that for a fucking bedtime story, junior?

Better yet:
"How did you and mommy meet?"
"Well, son, I blackmailed her to be my sex slave and it turns out she was reallllly lacking in better options."

UGH. Just UGH.


So by the middle of the book, everything is forgiven and peachy again, and thank god, because girl almost had to live in a shitty apartment with like, no money. Can you imagine? At this point, had I been reading a physical copy, I'd have thrown the damn thing across the room.

No comments:

Post a Comment